Founded in 1980, the British Football Club Tokyo is one of the oldest foreign football clubs in Japan.
We currently play 11-a-side in the TML’s Division 3.
Futsal sessions and other social events are also planned throughout the year, including quiz nights and general get-togethers.
Use the site’s Contact Us form to get in touch if you’re interested in being involved.
BFC has the following mission:
- To provide high quality and affordable football that improves both physical and mental health.
- The Club will achieve this by promoting the benefits of football and activity from a physical, mental and social viewpoint for all members.
- The Club is open to all quality footballers regardless of race, age, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- BFC players will be encouraged to demonstrate good sportsmanship and the importance of team play.
- We believe that the success of this Club is measured by its excellence on and off the pitch.
For the 2022/23 season the specific goals are to:
- Create a new committee to ensure the smooth operation of the club in order to meet the above mission
- Find new sponsorship in order to provide the Club with financial stability
- Create a new website that will be the new hub for the Club to provide transparency into Club activities
- Restore historical club honours to the new website
- Put together updated current and past Player Profiles
- Make collecting player payments for games easier by introducing and encouraging the use of Revolut to the Club
- Have at least 3 main club events this season
- Tour to Thailand
- Bonnenkai or Shinnenkai
- End of season celebration
- Promote and provide off pitch activities for club members such as Cycling, Tennis, Golf, Gym sessions, Fitness training, Wine nights, watching the football in Footnik and nights out
- Grow the club by attracting new members who align with the Clubs ethos
- Put the foundation in place to have a domestic tour in spring 2024 (Gordie’s Memorial)
- Ensure that there are football opportunities every weekend this season (ie if there is no 11-a-side fixture, futsal/training will be scheduled)
- At the end of the season to finish 1st in TML Division 3 and get promoted to TML2 for next season
- To form an over 40s team
- At the end of the season to form a new second BFC team
- The Club’s focus is on Community and Football – the Results will come